France is a major destination for Chinese travelers in Europe
France has been shocked by the terrorist attacks that have decreased their popularity among Chinese travelers.
Even though Chinese outbound tourism’s favorite destinations are other Asian regions like Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, and Singapore, Chinese tourism in Europe remained strong and especially in France. As Chinese tourism just relaunched in 2023, in 2019, France was standing as the 6th most visited destination according to TravelGuideChina figures. Italy comes 7th, followed by Switzerland 8th and Germany 10th. Let us focus on the favorite Chinese tourist’ French destinations. In France, Paris remains the top visited city by Chinese tourists, we provided you below with a list of the 10 most visited sites in the French capital.
Top 10 major places visited in France by Chinese tourists
- As expected, the 324-meter high iron Eiffel Tower built in 1889 for the World’s Fair in France is ranked first among Paris monuments. Ask most Chinese people (even others) about France and they will come up with the Eiffel Tower for it has always been the French most significant monument.
- Quite obviously, the Louvre Museum ranks second. Since it was established in 1793, it attracted people from all over the world for its cultural and historical significance. The Louvre is known as the world’s largest museum, being the second most visited tourist attraction after the Beijing Palace. In 2014, the Louvre received over 9.26 million visitors.
- The Arc de Triomphe stands on the 3rd rank. This well-known monument built to honor the r French revolutionary and Napoleonic wars, inaugurated in 1836, is considered another Paris landmark by Chinese tourists.
- The world known 1.9 km long Avenue Des Champs-Elysées running between Place de la Concorde and the Place Charles de Gaulle is ranked 4th.The avenue was completed in 1670, reminding the workout of ancient Greek mythology and heroes. This avenue is highly appreciated by Chinese tourists as a promenade.
- Ranked 5th, we can find the French river La Seine going through France from its source nearby Dijon (Eastern France) to the English Channel at le Havre (Northern France). The river runs over 777 km and passes through Paris where tourists do fancy walking along while enjoying the other Parisian monuments they come across.
- ThNotre Dameme Cathedral in Pars comes 6th. This monument is referred to as one e the world’s largeschurchesch and displays the finest examples of French Gothic architecture. The Cathedral was completed in 1345 and has ever since has been a reminder of the f French religious pa, st, especially during the medieval era.
- On the 7th position lies the Place de la Concorde, one of the major publisquaresre of the French capital. This place was completed in 1772 admeasures 8.64 hectares (86400 square meters). This place is surrounded by other famous sites like the Champs-Elysées and the Tuileries Gardens. This public square is also really appreciated by Chinese tourists that are looking for a stroll.
- Then comes the Basilica of Sacred Heart of Paris on the 8th rank. The roman church completed in 1914 is located on top of the well-known Montmartre, being the highest point in the city. This is a popular landmark with both political and cultural significance.
- The famous Palais Garnier (Opéra Garnier) coming next. The 1979-seat opera house was inaugurated in 1875. Its architectural features seem to be much more appealing to Chinese tourists. Much like Notre Dame Cathedral, the thSacred Heartrt Basili, ca and the Louvre, Chinese tourists do not seem to only come to France for shopping.
- Closing the top 10 most visited French sites by Chinese tourists ie Montmartre hill. This place was very popular among great artists that had studios around it, such as Salvator Dali, Claude Monnet, Pablo Picasso, and Vincent van Gogh.
Expert Tips: How to adapt your local services to Chinese guests?
1. Read more about Chinese culture and habits
2. Tailor a special welcoming program for Chinese guests
3. Adapt your hotel menu, especially breakfast
4. Adapt Chinese payment sysytems. Alipay is the best choice
5. Hire local Mandarin-speaking personnel
Do you want to promote your Destination to Chinese tourists?
We are Experts in Chinese Tourism marketing!
Contact us now to get a Free Consultation and crafted Marketing Strategy to meet your ambitions.